Things and happenings...

So I love that when I sign in for the first time from my new computer on blogspot, I was not asked for a sign in id or password. That is curious. Maybe I need to find a new blog provider? Anybody could post as me apparently and that would not be ideal!

For tonight though, this is me. Angie, Cap't Coco...

Over the past couple of days I've been reading from an assigned book in my preaching class, The Fully Alive Preacher by Mike Graves, my preaching professor. Most reading for seminary (and school in general) is taxing. I can always think of a million things to do instead of reading my assignments. But this book is great. The chapters are long, but they divided up into one to two page vignettes that offer insights into the discipline of being a preacher ...Of being a preacher. Who knew I would ever enter into this world of being a preacher... but here I am.

The title of my blog is Coco's Drama Free World.

Coco is a nickname derived from my maiden name that my lead at Worlds of Fun called me by. I was Coco for 5 years. It waned, but I picked it up again when I entering into the cyclist world of Kansas City. I called myself Captain Coco because, obviously, I am a pirate!

Drama, because life tends to be thoroughly dramatic. I don't think we can escape it. Drama just happens and it is apart of being human. This does NOT mean that I embrace drama; it simply means that I try to tackle it head on when it rears its ugly head. And boy does it ever rear.

What I've learned though is that you have to take things in stride (Apparently I'm channeling my inner horse tonight). 

Squirrel! So my professor's book has been invigorating. It reminded me of how much I really enjoy writing. As a preacher, my task is to find the Gospel, the Good News of Jesus Christ, as it is lived out in society. In heartache, in joy, through the tears, through the laughter, in the mundane, in the whirlwinds... in the drama of life.

Life is about living into each moment and figuring out where God is speaking to us.

My prayer, my hope tonight is to embrace those moments of awe and even those moments of torpor and find the ru'ach of God. The wind, the breath, the Spirit of God. 

 Genesis 1:2 - 
וְהָאָרֶץ הָיְתָה תֹהוּ וָבֹהוּ וְחֹשֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵי תְהֹום וְרוּחַ אֱלֹהִים מְרַחֶפֶת עַל־פְּנֵי הַמָּֽיִם
 
The Tree of Life version has the closest translation... my opinion


"Now the earth was chaos and waste, darkness was on the surface of the deep, and the Breath of God was hovering upon the surface of the water."

Ah... God is the one who brings order and peace to the chaos. It makes you breath in deep the refreshing life that comes though that commanding surge that first said, let there be light!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commissioning Questions: What is the Meaning of Ordination?

Receiving Blessings